Welshpool Churches together consists of six churches, all united in one purpose - to work together for the sake of the Gospel - the good news of Jesus Christ.
Welshpool Baptist Church, Welshpool
Welcome to Welshpool Baptist Church, Welshpool.
Located in the beautiful countryside of Midwales on the Shropshire border, you can be sure of a warm welcome. If you are moving to the area or just passing through, we hope that you will enjoy your stay and join with us for fellowship and in our worship of our Lord.
Derek Simms (Secretary)
Welshpool Baptist Church
Tel: 01938 556007
Morning Worship - 11.00am (Communion 1st Sunday)
Evening Worship - 6.00pm (Communion 3rd Sunday)
We seek to…
...Worship God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ.
...be guided by God's Word.
...be THE BODY of Christ.
...be a family of believers, devoted to each other in prayer, love and service.
...work with other Christians, supporting the Welshpool Churches Together.
...share God's love at home and around the world.
Our vision is for the town of Welshpool to know Christ as their Lord and Saviour;
for the youth of the town, that they have practical as well as Spiritual teachings.
To this end, we are continually searching the Lord for His will and direction as we see new doors of opportunities open to us.
Please pray that His glorious will be done.
We seek to fulfil this vision by:
Worship - that acknowledges God's presence and power in our lives.
• That we seek and encounter the living God in worship.
• That we worship in Spirit and in Truth.
• That our worship is Spirit filled, joyful, up-lifting, attractive, real and vibrant.
• That our worship is not limited just to Sundays but is an integral part of our every day lives.
Guidance - We need to grow together in our knowledge and practice of the Christian life. Bible study and prayer is vital to Christian life and service.
• Through our daily lives.
• Through Sunday School.
• Through mid-week groups.
• Through individual and corporate prayer.
Body ministry - Christians not only belong to Christ and to one another within His body; they also abide in Him and find life in Him.
• Exercising the gifts of the Spirit.
• Members are involved and active within the fellowship and the community, not spectators.
Family - where we are loving, caring, giving.
• Accepting one another.
• Encouraging one another.
• Practical help and supporting each others needs.
Larger Christian Family - building relationships in order that we can work together to advance the kingdom of God.
• Being actively involved with the local churches through the Welshpool Churches
• Praying together.
• Worshiping together.
• Supporting each others events.
• Outreach together.
Mission - People matter to God and, therefore, ought to matter to us.
• Supporting the work of the BMS, financially and prayerfully.
• Giving financially to mission work, both local and national.
• Praying for missionaries, both local and national.
• Encouraging people for mission.
• Making Jesus relevant to our community in relevant, creative and caring ways.
For up to date and more detailed information about us and what’s on, visit our website
Pastor Keith Fantham with his wife Margaret
Prayer & Bible Study
Oneway Youth Club (6 - 10 yrs)
Rock Steady Youth Club (11-17 yrs)
Tuesdays - 10.30am
Wednesdays - 7.30pm